Sunday, September 27, 2009

John Brown's Fort



This is my latest model to be accepted into Google Earth. No, this model is not in Frederick. It's actually in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. This is a model that I created of John Brown's fort. Who is John Brown?

According to Wikipedia

"John Brown (May 9, 1800 – December 2, 1859) was an American abolitionist, and folk hero who advocated and practiced armed insurrection as a means to end all slavery. He led the Pottawatomie Massacre in 1856 in Bleeding Kansas and made his name in the unsuccessful raid at Harpers Ferry in 1859."

more through this link

To commemorate the 150th anniversary of that raid I decided to do a model of the fort and upload it to Google Warehouse here.

1 comment:

  1. "model"? So how does this work?
    We build models (sort of like autocad models perhaps?) and we submit them to Google Earth?

    Is this done via GoogleApps? I've not done much with the G api as my programming skills aren't up to snuff.

    I've been focusing on local SEO for brick n mortar storefront businesses, there is so much to Google no one can learn it all.

    Your blog is interesting, am checking you out as you're a Frederick local like me. I see you follow the FNP, do you also follow FrederickMarylandOnline?

    I *think* I've seen "glenn" on flickr perhaps.

    ReplyDelete